Hatua Network, an education provider in Africa, approached us about redesigning their website.
We created a full UX and UI redesign for their WordPress eCommerce website, handling all design and development and project management for the Kenyan nonprofit.
Hatua provides high school, college, and university scholarships to top-performing students from families that can’t afford the cost of education in Kenya.
As a nonprofit, we provided all services to Hatua at a deeply discounted rate and also donated some services pro bono to their worthwhile cause.
Telling Hatua Network’s Story
We also created this PDF to tell the story behind how Hatua was founded, their mission of helping educate learners in Africa and placing young Africans in high-paying job roles.
A cumulative review of everything we accomplished during this project:
- Redesigned User Interface and User Experience
- Research, prototyping, mockups & revisions
- Cleaner, simpler UI/UX with fewer clicks during the checkout process
- Created testing server with a rough draft of the site
- Creating & updating content/verbiage on all pages
- Installed 4 eCommerce solutions to accommodate regional users making donations in local currencies: US (Salsa), Africa (MPESA, Airtel, Pesapal), and international currencies (Paypal)
- Testing and debugging code
- Desktop, laptop, tablet, and mobile responsive code optimization
- Migrated all content (including blog posts) to the new WordPress site
- Domain transfer, hosting setup, and website launch
- Setup caching and started site security
- Web analytics using Google Analytics